The NYFarmNet will host a two-day seminar, “Who Will Manage Your Farm Tomorrow?” at the Doubletree Hotel in East Syracuse, New York, January 13-14. The focus of the seminar will center on choosing and developing future farm managers.
According to event organizers, this conference provides “farm families and their advisors critical information for helping the next generation find success on the farm and identifies effective management transfer strategies to implement.”
Danny Klinefelter, Ph.D is the conference keynote speaker. Dr. Klinefelter is a Professor and Extension Economist with Texas AgriLife
Extension and Texas A&M University and founder and former director of The Executive Program for Agricultural Producers (TEPAP).
The dinner speaker is author and consultant Andy Junkin, who will lead a discussion based on his book, “Farming with Family Ain’t
Key Topics Include:
• Selecting & developing your successor
• Can your successor fill your shoes?
• Farming with family ain’t always easy
• Risk management considerations for farm transfers
• Options for financing a farm business transfer
• Developing and implementing a plan for
• What worked for me
To register go to: www.nyfarmnet.org. For more info call: 1-800-547-3276 or email: email@example.com.