Farm Credit East, along with more than 20 supporting organizations, will hold a three-part webinar series geared towards beginning and start-up farmers. This series, entitled Harvesting a Profit, will cover basic business management topics for small- to mid-sized farms, such as understanding financial statements, planning and measuring profitability.
Three separate webinar sessions will be held on November 6, 20 and 30 and each webinar will run from noon to 1:30 p.m. The webinars are free to participate and open to anyone with an interest in farming. Click here to register.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding financial statements
- Cash vs. accrual accounting: How they are different?
- Farm profitability – earning it, measuring it and maximizing it
- Planning and goal setting for your business
- Calculating gross margins and managing costs
- Financing your business
- Business case studies