To honor those leaders who are shaping agriculture for tomorrow’s producers, Farm Credit East is participating in the national Farm Credit 100 Fresh Perspectives search. This search will recognize one hundred individuals or organizations across the country changing the face and future of agriculture to ensure thriving rural communities for years to come.
Just a few days remain to nominate leaders for Farm Credit 100 Fresh Perspectives. Nominations will be accepted at on their website until December 18. A panel of experts will evaluate the entrants and select the top 100 honorees to be announced in March 2016. Of these honorees, 10 exceptional leaders will each receive a $10,000 award to help further their contributions to thriving rural communities and agriculture.
To recognize the diverse ways individuals are contributing to the future success of rural communities, nominations will be accepted in ten categories:
- Leadership (over 21)
- Youth Leadership (21 and younger)
- Rural Policy Influence
- Beginning Farmer or Rancher Achievement
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Sustainability and Natural Resource Conservation
- Financial Stewardship
- Mentoring and Volunteerism
- Agriculture Education and Community Impact
- Rural and Urban Connection