All-American Dairy Show Obie Snider Award nominations are being accepted now through May 31. The award recognizes dairy men and women who honor Snider’s character, ethics, service, leadership and professionalism.
The award will be presented at the 52nd All-American Dairy Show, September 12-17, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. The show features 22 shows in six days in addition to the all-dairy antiques show. Last year’s show featured nearly 3,000 animals and 1,500 exhibitors from around the country.
Obie Snider, dairy producer and owner of Singing Brook Dairy in Imler, Bedford County, was one of the founders of the All-American Dairy Show.
“The continued strengthening of the show and industry is due to the commitment of individuals like Obie, who provide opportunities for youth to succeed as they prepare to be future leaders,” said acting Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding. “It is the work and dedication of the past award recipients that exemplify his vision for the show.”
Past winners of the award, in order of receipt, are:
• 2004: Donald Seipt of Easton, Northampton County;
• 2005: Creedin Cornman of Carlisle, Cumberland County;
• 2006: David Patrick of Woodbine, Md.
• 2007: Berneta Gable of New Enterprise, Bedford County;
• 2008: Dieter Krieg of Lititz, Lancaster County;
• 2009: George Cashell of Shippensburg, Franklin County;
• 2010: John Cope of Mechanicsburg, Cumberland County;
• 2011: Janet Harding of Clarion, Clarion County;
• 2012: William Nichol of State College, Centre County;
• 2013: Samuel G. Yoder of Shoemakersville, Berks County; and
• 2014: Jane Pepple of Oxford, Chester County.
For more information, including the nomination form, click here.