John Deere has expanded its lineup of 6M and 6R Series Tractors for model year 2015 to offer producers a wider range of horsepower, frame sizes, transmissions, hydraulics and other options.
Tractors in the mid-specification 6M Series are suited for such chores as haying and field work; loader, feeding and material handling; mowing roadsides; and maintaining orchards and vineyards. Operation can vary from creeper speed for working in specialty crops to 25 mph for faster transport. The closed-center pressure and flow-compensating hydraulic system offers advantages such as increased lift capacity and faster loader-cycle times.
Seven 6M models are available (the three numbers following the “6” indicate engine horsepower). Small-frame models are the 6110M, 6120M and 6130M; the 6145M and 6155M are mid-frame models; and the 6175M and the new 6195M are large-frame models.
In addition to the higher power range, the 6Ms are available with mechanical cab suspension system for improved ride quality; factory-installed AutoTrac Ready for assisted steering on the mid- and large-frame models; on-the-go auto mechanical front-wheel drive and differential lock for increased traction; and front hitch and front PTO options for front-mounted implements.
The 6M models also have Power Fill brakes for demanding loads and hillside mowing operations and come with multiple tire options based on different applications.
The 6R Series Tractors feature commonality of CommandCenter and operational controls that shorten the learning curve for operator training from 6R up to 9R Series Tractors.
Other key features include:
- Up to 30 degrees of right-hand seat swivel
- A recessed hydraulic valve stack
- Efficient IVT™, Direct Drive and AutoQuad+ ECO transmissions
- Intelligent Power Management has increased to 40 hp on the 6145R to 6215R models
- The E-PTO conserves fuel while maintaining rated PTO speed
Along with the expanded 6 Family Tractor lineup, John Deere introduces the new R-Series Front Loaders. This loader is designed to match with all Final Tier 4 6M and 6R Series Tractors and builds on the successful H-Series Loaders.
- Automatic mast latch system
- Implement automatic latch and remote implement latch
- Side-slung leveling links that improve operator visibility
- An enhanced version of the industry-exclusive Return-to-Position with Electronic Self Leveling technology