American Agri-Women, a coalition of farm, ranch and agri-business women, is celebrating 40 years of advocating for agriculture with its “Drive Across America,” a five-month educational and advocacy tour. CoBank, one of the nation’s largest agricultural lenders, is a sponsor of the Drive.
A member of the Farm Credit System, CoBank provides loans, leases, export financing and other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water and communications providers in all 50 states. The bank also provides wholesale loans and other financial services to affiliated Farm Credit associations serving approximately 70,000 farmers, ranchers and other rural borrowers in 23 states around the country.
“CoBank’s investment in agriculture helps ensure that our farmers, ranchers and other agri-businesses produce an abundance of food, fiber and fuel. We are so pleased to have their support of our Drive Across America and appreciate Farm Credit’s long-time support of AAW,” says President Sue McCrum.
“CoBank is proud to support the efforts of the many women who are helping to lead our nation’s agricultural industry,” said Amy Gales, executive vice president. “We are so pleased to help sponsor this important effort to increase awareness and spread the message of American Agri-Women and we congratulate them on their 40th anniversary.”
McCrum and other leaders will drive in a specially wrapped pick-up truck, participating in educational, network and advocacy events hosted by AAW’s more than 50 affiliates. The Drive will finish at the 2015 annual convention in Portland, Maine.
Drive Across America Sponsors
Leading agriculture, agri-business and marketing organizations are sponsoring the Drive Across America:
- McCain Foods USA processes potatoes from family farmers throughout North America.
- Bayer CropScience is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, agriculture and high-tech materials. A stop will be held on June 12 at Bayer’s Bee Care Center in North Carolina.
- Penobscot McCrum is a vertically integrated company that specializes in every aspect of potatoes.
- The Renewable Fuels Assn. is the authoritative voice of the U.S. ethanol industry.
- Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries dedicated to this purpose: Bringing plant potential to life.
- CCI Marketing is a leading agricultural public relations and marketing firm and supports AAW with its AgPR news service.
- CoBank is a member of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network supporting the borrowing needs of U.S. agriculture and the nation’s rural economy.
- Valent USA develops and markets products that protect agricultural crops, enhance crop yields, improve food quality, beautify the environment and safeguard public health.
- Freestyle Productions is a full-service event production company that produces dynamic videos, webcasts, events and more.
- Sunrise Agricultural Associates is global network of agricultural, legal and educational professionals.