SUMMER SHOW SUPPLEMENT
Visit USDA Agencies
Staff from six U.S. Department of Agriculture agencies will be at Empire Farm Days to answer questions about everything from financial incentives for farm improvements and plant and animal inspections to disaster assistance and farms, forestry and rural development conservation initiatives.
USDA staff will offer soil health assessment and management demonstration programs daily at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Conservation Plant Garden behind the Empire Farm Days' USDA Center tent on West Seneca Avenue.
Staff from the following agencies will be available at the USDA Center:
- Agricultural Research Service (ARS): Serves as the USDA's chief scientific research agency, addressing issues vital to sustain a competitive agricultural economy.
- Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS): Provides leadership in ensuring the health and care of animals and plants; broad mission area includes protecting and promoting agricultural health, administering the Animal Welfare Act and carrying out wildlife damage management activities.
- Farm Services Agency (FSA): 43 New York FSA field offices administer farm commodity programs; farm ownership, operating and emergency loans; conservation and environmental programs; and emergency/disaster assistance.
- National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS): Conducts hundreds of surveys annually and prepares reports covering virtually every facet of U.S. agriculture.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS): Provides the highest level of conservation resources to landowners through its numerous financial incentive programs, grants and technical assistance services. Its staff of experts on resource conservation, soil science, engineering and program management is available to assist you in your conservation efforts.
- Rural Development: Serves as USDA's economic and community development arm, with 10 offices in New York State providing grants, loans and loan guarantees through its business, utilities, community facilities and housing programs.